Cardi Gallery – originally ‘Galleria Cardi’ – was founded in Milan, Italy in April 1972 by Renato Cardi to foster the work of those modern and contemporary Italian artists that he had started to presciently collect in the late 1960s. Renato built a distinguished collection that included artists like Cy Twombly, Lucio Fontana, Piero Manzoni and many others, all relatively unknown at the time, and over the years acquired works ranging from Arte Povera to Spatialism. Thanks to both his inextinguishable passion for art and the subsequent success of Galleria Cardi, Renato earned a reputation as a critically engaged champion of developing artists, one who contributed significantly to launching many of their careers. Now led by Renato’s son Nicolo, Cardi Gallery continues to shape the cultural landscape in its hometown, Milan and since 2015 in London, its second home. It presents a regular programme of museum-quality exhibitions, each accompanied by a scholarly catalogue or an artist monograph often featuring texts by eminent international critics. Furthermore, Cardi Gallery exhibits at the top international art fairs across Asia, Europe and North America. Its presentations focus on masterworks by artists from movements such as Arte Povera, Minimalism and Zero Group, part of Cardi’s extensive Italian Modern, Post-War, and contemporary inventory. Cardi Gallery’s unique specialist expertise in Italian Modern, Post-War and Contemporary art – specifically in Arte Povera, Minimalism and Zero Group – has not only contributed to shaping significant exhibitions through its international museums’ loan programme: it has built some of the finest and most historically important private collections across Europe, the Americas and the Far East.
- Provide a fortnightly Catalogue of works available on the market that the Gallery deems of interest for the Client.
- Carry out, upon clear request placed by the Client, all due diligence concerning the chosen artwork(s) featured in the Catalogue and/or of other artwork(s) picked by the Client independently from said Catalogue.
- Safeguard the full anonimity of the interested Client while due diligence is carried out.
- Inform the Client regarding current customs status of the artwork(s) in object, and advise on local taxation and all relevant import procedures.
- Be involved in the purchase, sale or possible auction of the artwork(s) as a proxy of the Client, solely upon direct request from the Client and when given formal proxy authorisation and full instruction.
- Offer assistance for the organisation of archives, as well as art storage and shipments.
“Cardi Gallery is an active member of the Gallery Climate Coalition, and we are working in alignment with their climate targets. GCC aims to reduce CO2 emissions across the sectors by 50% against 2018/19 levels by 2025, and to achieve zero waste operations by 2030. As an international gallery with dual locations, we work together to achieve the best results across our galleries.”